sports quotescompiled by crucifyd / March 05, 1968
"I haven’t actually thought about it. I felt bad initially, then I remembered the signing bonus and I don’t feel so bad."
- Matt Hasselbeckreferring to the last play of the 2003 season in Green Bay
"Hey, those guys with hair think they’re so cool..."
- Matt Hasselbeck
"Use it if you got it."
- Matt Hasselbeckwhen asked if he could get Grant Wistrom to "reign in the hair"?
"To be a winner in life you must do the things that losers don’t like to do."
- Barry Sanders
"I don't know if you can listen to quiet. If you can, listen to this quiet."
- John MaddenMadden's comment after Josh Brown kicked the comeback game winning field goal @ Denver 3 december 06
"It's not the will to win that matters—everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."
– Paul "Bear" Bryant
"I’m all for it."
– John McKay following a Tampa Bay Buccaneers loss in their early seasons, when asked what he thought of his team’s "execution."
"You guys don’t know the difference between a football and a bunch of bananas."
– John McKayJohn McKay after receiving harsh criticism from the media about his coaching skills in the NFL
"You guys don’t know the difference between a football and a Mercedes Benz."
– John McKayMcKay's reply at the next interview, where members of the media left bananas for McKay
"Why not? It’s not heavy, and he doesn’t belong to a union."
– John McKayMcKay's response following a game in 1967 in which O. J. Simpson received over 30 hand offs, he was asked "Why are you giving the ball to Simpson so often?"
"I had a rather distinct advantage. I slept with his mother."
– John McKayOn recruiting his son, J.K., to play football at USC
"Well, we didn’t block, but we made up for it by not tackling."
– John McKayAfter the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ first unofficial game, he responded to a question
"No I was beat 51–0 in the college ranks. It’s the same thing."
– John McKayFollowing a Tampa Bay Buccaneer loss, McKay was asked, "What’s it like in the professional ranks, coach? Anything special?"
"Kickers are like horse manure. They’re all over the place."
– John McKay
"At times like this you stop and think about just how good we have it, what kind of system we live in, and the freedoms we are allowed. A lot of my family has gone and fought in wars and I really haven’t done a damn thing." -
– Pat Tillman the day after the attacks of 911
– John McKay
Copyright © 1968 www.crucifyd.com